szocspeti
Lid - eerste logo binnen
Lid - eerste logo binnen
Posts in topic: 1
Actief als: particulier
Contacteer:

Window Washer, R25 TX

Bericht door szocspeti »

hi, can someone give me some ideeas, why the SERVICE light & the WINDOW WASHER icon is always on, on my dashbord ? i have plenty water in the window washer boul, and it works fine, it wipes, and spits water .. so there is nothing wrong .. but the warning lights (SERVICE & Window Washer) are always on ...
i tried to disconnect the cable, under the hood (the one that goes to the window washer) and the lights went off, but the washer doesn't function anymore then :) i reconected them, it works perfectly .. but the lights are on again :)

any ideas ?

thanks

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

hans
Lid
Lid

Bericht door hans »

I have the same problem here.. The sensor in the watertank is probably dirty. To clean this sensor you need to turn your steering wheel full to the left. This way your tire will leave a space in your wheelwell so you can take the water tank out.
To take the watertank out you will have to unscrew the big plastic nut under the bonnet with which you tank is fastened.
As soon as you have removed the plastic nut you can take the tank out from the underside through the wheelwell. Watch out, you will have to disconnect some cables! The sensor is a plastic round bar which sticks inside the tank. Be carefull with removing, it's fixed in a bit strange way..
renault 25 gtx 522000 kilometers, bouwjaar 1988 kleur 608 [img]http://homepages.ipact.nl/~dberkhout/smilies/death.gif[/img]
renault 25 tx 231000 kilometers, bouwjaar 1991
kleur 777

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Mathijs
Donateur
Donateur
Contacteer:

Bericht door Mathijs »

I had the same problem with almost every R25 i had, except for the first one.

Disconnecting the orange wire wil solve the problem without affecting the waterpump of the washer.

The sensor is actually a tube with a floating magnet in it.
When the magnet lowers (because not enough water), it wil connect a reed contact (a magnetic contact)

The thing is, that some window washing products have a degreaser in it, so the magnet can not move smoothly anymore, and stays stuck in the bottom part of the tube.

Repairing is not an option, i took one apart, but was never able of getting it assembled again... :lol:

Come to think to it, it's a rather expensive part, if i remember correctly.

Afbeelding

If you take the top of, the wire's inside will snap.
Bottomside can not be opened.
Nothing great was ever achieved by being realistic!

onderteken en verspreid svp de petitie:
Verander de straatnaam van de Russische ambassade naar de Aleksej Navalnyweg

https://petities.nl/petitions/verander-de-straatnaam-van-de-russische-ambassade-naar-de-aleksej-navalnyweg?locale=nl

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Plaats reactie

Maak een account aan of log in om deel te nemen aan de discussie

Je moet lid zijn om een ​​reactie te kunnen plaatsen

Maak een account aan

Geen lid? Registreer om lid te worden van onze community
Leden kunnen hun eigen onderwerpen starten en zich abonneren op onderwerpen
Het is gratis en duurt maar een minuut